Our skin is just phenomenal. Throughout our lives, our skin has to deal with stress, pollution, harmful UV lights, high/low temperatures, cuts, burns and bruises, yet it’s able to renew itself every 28 days! Unfortunately, with age our cell turnover dramatically slows down and it may result in clogged pores, dull complexion, deep wrinkles and even breakouts.
Exfoliation plays an important role in your skincare routine to keep your skin clean, clear, and glowing. It can be safely performed at home if done correctly or at a spa with a licensed esthetician. There are different ways to exfoliate. For example, by using products or by using skincare devices. For more information about types of exfoliators, read our blog article, “My morning routine Step 2- Exfoliate”.
Being familiar the process and knowing the benefits of exfoliating will help you stay consistent and on track with your skincare routine. Here are the top 5 benefits of exfoliation:
- Helps to unclog pores and remove blackheads and whiteheads. Unfortunately, there is no way to reduce our pore size, we can only make them appear smaller by keeping them clean. The Lucky Skin Hydro is one of the most effective ways in removing blackheads. Keep in mind that your skin should be prepared with a steamer or warm towel so your pores are ready to be gently cleaned.
- Helps skincare products penetrate and absorb better. By removing a layer of dead skin off your face, you are allowing your products to penetrate deeper in your skin. This way your skincare products, like serums, moisturizers, etc. are able to give you better results.
- Helps to remove dead skin cells to reveal a clear, glowing complexion. The removal of dead skin cells speeds up the skin’s renewal process, allowing new cells to replace the old ones.
- Diminish dark sports. Once exfoliation becomes a part of your skincare routine for a longer period of time, you will start noticing that your dark spots, marks and pigmentation are evening out and becoming less visible.
- Helps to prevent acne. By removing the excess dirt and oil off your skin, you can help prevent the future breakouts popping up on the surface.
If you want to read more about skincare ideas, click here.
This article is for informational purposes only. Ask your dermatologist before making any changes to your skincare routine.